The Baptist church was revived in 1860 with a membership of twenty, which increased to seventy in the following year. At the end of 1860, the American Board of Commissioners for Foreign Missions withdrew its support from the Tuscarora Mission. The Mission thereupon applied in 1861 to come under the care of the Niagara Presbytery and was accepted. Fifty Fourth Annual Report of the Baptist Missionary Convention of the State of New York (Ballston, N. Y., 1861), pp. 14-17; Johnson, Legends, p. 136-137.